Our art group has a small exhibition in August, at Loves Cafe in West Street, WsM. At last Friday’s art session, two topics cropped up in conversation: (1) Whether or not we offer our pictures for sale at this exhibition, and if so (2) how much money do we ask people to pay for them?
It seems there are no hard and fast rules on the subject, so some research was necessary. For any other amateur artists bewildered by this costing process, here are some links to web articles about pricing artwork:
- Cass Art – How to price your artwork
- ArtWeb – What is your artwork worth?
- Artist Daily – A simple formula for pricing artwork
- Nela Dunato – How to price your art
- Michele Webber – How to price your work
- Red Bluff Art Gallery – Pricing
- Art Biz Blog – Pricing Tips
We hope this helps. 🙂